Youth Bursary Program
Western, General Performance & Breed Sport Riders
This year, the NBEA will assist junior members achieve their equestrian goals,
awarding up to six bursaries of $500 each.
What can the money be used for?
The bursaries can be used to help pay for the following:
- Riding lessons/Rider Level testing
- Training fees
- Competition fees
- Continuing education
- Other activities that will assist you to achieve your equestrian objectives
Who can apply?
If you can answer yes to the following questions you are eligible to apply!
- Are you a current NBEA Junior Member between the ages of 14 and 18?
- Are you currently attending school in New Brunswick?
- Have you completed or are ready to be tested for at least one Rider Level?
- Do you train with an Equestrian Canada current certified coach?
How to apply?
Only applications that include the following items will be considered complete and eligible:
- Completed Youth Bursary Application Form
- Essay #1 – Describe your horse interests and experiences (200 words or less)
- Essay #2 – Indicate how you would spend $500 (200 words or less)
- Photo – colour photo of you riding/driving OR your head shot
- Two Letters of Recommendation from your coach, who has a license and NBEA/EC membership that is up to date, and one from an independent supporter who is an NBEA member.
Application Dates: April 6, 2018 or August 3, 2018 (funds are limited but the second application deadline is included for those who may have had circumstances preventing early application) If all Bursary funds have been allocated in April, a notice will be posted on the NBEA website.