Western Updating Requirements
Review the Coaching Model and Requirements for Western Updating...
To encourage a well-rounded base of knowledge, updating hours must come from attending a Provincial update.
A coach must attend at least one Provincial update every three-year period from the date of a successful examination.
- Coaches must keep records, which must show the date of Provincial update
- Keep proof of current First Aid Certificate on file with their province.
- The Instructor, Coach 1 or Coach 2 has the responsibility of sending their updating records to their provincial office.
- Pay annual Equestrian Canada Sport License and Provincial MembershipPay annual Equestrian Canada Coaching LevyProvincial coaching offices (PSO) will monitor the completion of requirements.
- A coach's name will be removed from the active coaches list if the required updating is not completed.
Coaches can receive credit for attending updated in other provinces up notification
in writing from their residing province's Provincial Coaching Committee.
UPDATING ACTIVITIES IF CERTIFICATION HAS LAPSED FOR MORE THEN 5 YEARS:
- Pay current EC Senior Sport License and Provincial Membership.
- Pay current Coaching LevyProduce proof of an up-to-date First Aid certificate, if First Aid certificate has expired.
- Complete the general component of the Intermediate Rider Program if not already successfully taken.
- Attend a Provincial update, if updating is not current.
- Complete the Mentor Program for the respective coaching level they are re-certifying for.
- Criminal record search (including vulnerable sectors), if not completed as part of original certification.
- Meet additional requirements which may apply provincially
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPDATING
- Examinations/final assessments may not be audited.
- Renewal of first aid certificate.
Coaching Program Updating Form